Sunday, June 2, 2013 Sermon Topic:
In Remembrance of Him
The heart verse of Sunday’s Sermon was from 1 Corinthians 11:23-30.
23 For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, that the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread: 24 And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me. 25 After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, this cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me. 26 For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord’s death till he come. 27 Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord. 28 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup. 29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord’s body. 30 For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep.(KJV)
Bring your burdens to the lord but, also try to live peaceably with one another. There are ways to drink unworthily, if you are a(n):
1) Unbeliever – if you don’t believe he died and rose from the dead.
2) Unbaptized – the first act of obedience is baptism
3) A Believer but, out of fellowship with the God (not prayerful, reflective, repentant).
4) A Believer but, out of fellowship with the saints (fellow believers). When relations break down you seek to resolve them not to argue (be prayful, reflective, pray for one another).
5) Husband/Wife be in fellowship with each other (Be prayful, reflective, pray for one another).
Don’t be afraid to pass on the cup if your in strife, matters are unresolved and not presented to the Lord b/c when you take communion and you haven’t come to the Lord in prayer over these matters then you are saying you don’t trust Him, as you thank Him for his precious gift. This is disrespectful to God.