Rev. Michael J. Robinson, Senior Pastor
Rev. Lyndell Lipscomb, Associate and Youth Pastor
Min. Robert Poehler, Associate Pastor
“Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.” Matthew 10.25, [NIV]
Our duty is to magnify God’s name and His good works. Come and be filled by the word and fellowship here with us at 965 Delaware Avenue, Buffalo, New York, 14209 or at any one of the churches that praise and worship the only True & Living God.
Sermon Topic: Finding Peace
Subtopic: Six Practical Stepsuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
The scripture lesson for this week was from Philippians 4:1-8. The heart verse can be found in verse 7.
Unfortunately, due to technical difficulties, the sermon for this week could not be posted. You have my deepest apologies… please feel free to listen to previous sermons on our Sermons page… or Sermons:2015, 2014, 2013, and 2012. God bless you. Notes from the service:
- Joyful attitude… set a joyful tone.
- Of one mind… in the Lord. Be prepared praise God.
- Need to know how to help others.
- Keep a watchful eye on the joy level. Personal joy is like the odemeter on a car… If it’s on E you know your joy is low… If it’s low you’re about to be in trouble.
- Utilize Self-Control – let your moderation be known unto all men. We have to regulate ourselves…can’t say whatever you want… or do whatever you want… especially if it can undermine the unity in the house of God.
- Give it to God – give your worries over to God…
4 Therefore, my brethren dearly beloved and longed for, my joy and crown, so stand fast in the Lord, my dearly beloved.
2 I beseech Euodias, and beseech Syntyche, that they be of the same mind in the Lord.
3 And I intreat thee also, true yokefellow, help those women which laboured with me in the gospel, with Clement also, and with other my fellowlabourers, whose names are in the book of life.
4 Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice.
5 Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand.
6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
Would you like a copy of today’s sermon?
Maybe you know someone who doesn’t use the computer but, couldn’t make it to worship service. See Sister Chantal Cotterman for a free copy of worship service. God Bless You.
WEDNESDAY BIBLE STUDY
Wednesday Evening Bible Study is at 6:30pm. Transportation is available. Please call the office at 884-0070 or sign up in the hallway across from the office.
UPCOMING MINISTRY MEETINGS, REHEARSALS AND EVENTS
Every Sunday – The Hurting Hearts Ministry will provide food for all who need.
- Food (provided by Tops and Wegmans) for any individual in need
- Directly following Worship Service.
- Feel free to pick some up for others you may know who are in need and are unable to come.
Every Month – The Care Closet will be open from 12pm-2pm (dates TBA).
- Clothing for Men, Women, & Children.
- Located in the Church basement.
- Dates will be posted on this website and on the church’s facebook, twitter accounts as they arrive.
Saturday, September 19, 2015 – DABC participates again The “Walk to End Alzheimer’s” at Delaware Park
- Our team is called the Delaware Stars.
- Applications are on the back hall table; sign up if you want to participate or if you want to contribute a monetary donation.
- See Sister Terry Poehler for more information.
CONTACT INFORMATION FOR MISSIONARIES AVAILABLE
If you want to write a letter, send a card, or etcetera to a missionary overseas their contact information is available on the bulletin board outside of the Fellowship Hall. You’d be surprised by how much you can cheer someone up.
Any church cancellations for activities, events, or services can be seen on TV Channel 2 WGRZ and Channel 4 WIVB.
SUNDAY, AUGUST 23, 2015: WHAT TO DO?
Sunday School for Children of All Ages: 9:30am
<New> *Youth Discipleship Class (Ages 13-20)*
Growth and Development Classes
*Church Nursery (Ages 0-under 2 years) opens after Youth Message*
Worship Services: 11am / Children’s Church (after Youth Message)
ALSO IF YOU HAVE ANY PHOTOS YOU’D LIKE TO SHARE
Please email the church: in the addressed to line write firstname.lastname@example.org and subject line write Photos for Website. Thank you for participation. You may also email this same address to submit a prayer request or submit your request on this website.
There’s a lot going on at Delaware Avenue Baptist Church, so please review our events calendar and upcoming events page.
May God Rest, Rule, & Abide In You