Rev. Michael J. Robinson, Senior Pastor
Rev. Lyndell Lipscomb, Associate and Youth Pastor
Min. Robert Poehler, Associate Pastor
“Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.” Matthew 10.25, [NIV]
Our duty is to magnify God’s name and His good works. Come and be filled by the word and fellowship here with us at 965 Delaware Avenue, Buffalo, New York, 14209 or at any one of the churches that praise and worship the only True & Living God.
Sermon Topic: The Call of the Gospel
Subtopic: The Response of the Heartuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
The scripture lesson for this week was from Acts 2:36-41. The heart verse can be found in verse 39.
36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made the same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.
37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.
41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.
Would you like a copy of today’s sermon?
Maybe you know someone who doesn’t use the computer but, couldn’t make it to worship service. See Sister Chantal Cotterman for a free copy of worship service. God Bless You.
WEDNESDAY BIBLE STUDY
Wednesday Evening Bible Study is at 6:30pm. Transportation is available. Please call the office at 884-0070 or sign up in the hallway across from the office.
UPCOMING MINISTRY MEETINGS, REHEARSALS AND EVENTS
Every Sunday – The Hurting Hearts Ministry will provide food for all who need.
- Food (provided by Tops and Wegmans) for any individual in need
- Directly following Worship Service.
- Feel free to pick some up for others you may know who are in need and are unable to come.
Every Sunday – Donations for the Shoe Box Project are now being accepted.
- We are collecting items such as bars of soap for children, toothbrushes, No.2 pencils, small stuffed bears or other comforting animal toys, etc.
- Please do not send any war or military items or toys.
- Money donations are also acceptable.
- All Shoe Box donations must be in by August 30th.
- See the display on the bulletin board in the back hall.
Every Month – The Care Closet will be open from 12pm-2pm (dates TBA).
- Clothing for Men, Women, & Children.
- Located in the Church basement.
- Dates will be posted on this website and on the church’s facebook, twitter accounts as they arrive.
Saturday, September 19, 2015 – DABC participates again The “Walk to End Alzheimer’s” at Delaware Park
- Our team is called the Delaware Stars.
- Applications are on the back hall table; sign up if you want to participate or if you want to contribute a monetary donation.
- See Sister Terry Poehler for more information.
CONTACT INFORMATION FOR MISSIONARIES AVAILABLE
If you want to write a letter, send a card, or etcetera to a missionary overseas their contact information is available on the bulletin board outside of the Fellowship Hall. You’d be surprised by how much you can cheer someone up.
Any church cancellations for activities, events, or services can be seen on TV Channel 2 WGRZ and Channel 4 WIVB.
SUNDAY, AUGUST 23, 2015: WHAT TO DO?
Sunday School for Children of All Ages: 9:30am
<New> *Youth Discipleship Class (Ages 13-20)*
Growth and Development Classes
*Church Nursery (Ages 0-under 2 years) opens after Youth Message*
Worship Services: 11am / Children’s Church (after Youth Message)
ALSO IF YOU HAVE ANY PHOTOS YOU’D LIKE TO SHARE
Please email the church: in the addressed to line write email@example.com and subject line write Photos for Website. Thank you for participation. You may also email this same address to submit a prayer request or submit your request on this website.
There’s a lot going on at Delaware Avenue Baptist Church, so please review our events calendar and upcoming events page.
May God Rest, Rule, & Abide In You